Java Developer - Electronic Trading Platform / Quant Libraries - Investment Bank
Java Electronic Trading Platform/Quant Developer with the flexibility to create & implement innovative solutions from scratch. Outstanding implementation skills in an Object Orientated programming language (backed up by significant programming experience in an industrial context working on large projects). Strong academic background (DEA/MSc/PhD) in mathematics/physics/computer science from a leading academic institution. MSc is a minimum for this role. Excellent problem solving/debugging skills. Active interest in design of system architecture. Good understanding of concurrent application design. Innovative with a start-up mentality. Good communication skills in English (other languages advantageous). Pragmatic approach to ensuring delivery on a timely basis. Financial and product knowledge is an advantage. Previous automatic trading experience is not required.
The team produce the underlying libraries used by the Quants and other groups, and work on the development and architectural design of the in house electronic trading framework. The core components produced by this team are used to construct high-performance cross-asset market applications (eg automated quoting, hedging, etc.) by other Front Office e-teams.
As part of a small development community this role is fast paced, requiring a candidate that can consistently deliver high quality results to meet the continuously evolving requirements of our clients, .
- Design and implement core electronic trading platform components.
- Research use of new technologies and approaches as part of our continuous improvement strategy, including latency optimisation.
- Close interaction with quantitative research e-teams to understand their requirements, and assist in investigations of issues relating to core components (eg performance).
- Work with management to determine time estimates and priorities for projects.
- Develop robust and reliable testing strategies, and help maintain a positive TDD-based ethos.
- Provide guidance on issues relating to quality control of code and production release cycles.
- Report to head of the team.
Adlam Consulting operates as an Employment Agency & an Employment Business