Wintel Citrix Automation Engineer - Powershell Xendesktop Windows 2012 R2 - Investment Bank
There is an immediate requirement for a strong Wintel/Citrix Automation engineer to join the team who will be involved with a number of key Citrix and Windows Build infrastructure projects currently in the pipeline. The Wintel Citrix Engineer will have an in-depth understanding of Citrix, Windows deployment technologies and Automation (PowerShell/C#/Orchestration) and must have experience with supporting a large environment. The candidate will be both self-motivated and a team player with a flexible approach to working, as the environment is both demanding and diverse.
- Excellent Wintel troubleshooting skills.
- Strong PowerShell Scripting experience
- Solid understanding of Citrix infrastructure and design including connectivity via Citrix gateways.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex Citrix XenDesktop and/or XenApp environments.
- Experience of multiple versions of the Citrix application stack (6.x/7.x)
- Administration of Windows 2012 R2, 2008 operating environments.
- Understands Change Management and Incident Management processes and procedures
- Knowledge of virtualisation technologies and associated tools. (VMware vSphere/Hyper-V)
- Experience of open source tools to manage a Windows environment such as monitoring and/or configuration management.
- Citrix NetScaler appliance experience.
- Profile management solutions (AppSense Environment Manager).
- Microsoft .NET development (C#/VB.NET/ASP.NET)
- Experience with Application packaging and deployment in a multi-user environment.
- Project Management skills.
- Documentation standards.
position will require the support of the production estate and it will be necessary to have in-depth knowledge of multiple disciplines eg, clustering (incl. stretch) 2012 R2, 2008 R2, VMware, Citrix, Monitoring, SAN technologies, Scripting, patching and sufficient knowledge of Dell, HP and IBM hardware to perform hardware diagnostics and effect repairs but also to understand interoperability issues and constraints.
The Wintel Production team is responsible for the end-to-end management and support of the Microsoft Windows, Citrix, and VMware technology stacks for the UK electronic markets environment. This includes the configuration, installation, maintenance and decommissioning of associated server hardware and the installation, patching and upgrades of the operating systems and third party products used on this platform.
In addition to the regional operational responsibilities, the team is also responsible for the architecture and engineering of the global Microsoft Windows server build and the Citrix infrastructure and application platform used across Corporate and Institutional Banking.
Adlam Consulting operates as an Employment Agency & an Employment Business