Multi-threading Java Front Office Trading Developer - Python Quant Trading Investment Bank
Experience of Core Multithreading Java, Front Office Trading experience is essential!
Python would be highly desirable
Top academic background strong degree in mathematics/physics/computer science from a leading academic institution and ideally DEA/MSc/PhD in a relevant subject
- Innovative with a start up mentality
- Outstanding implementation skills in an Object Orientated programming language (backed up by significant programming experience in an industrial context working on large projects)
- Active interest in design of system architecture
- Interest in writing clear, maintainable code
- Strong quantitative programming skills
- Excellent problem solving/debugging skills
- Good understanding of concurrent application design
This is a quantitative/dev role to work on the development of the libraries for the rates products electronic trading platform. This platform underpins the electronic rates activity including pricing, hedging and execution.
- Close interaction with business and other quantitative research and IT teams in developing new features in the electronic trading platform and also in assisting them in the investigation of issues (eg post-event analysis, performance and scalability, latency reduction)
- Work with management to draw up specifications for new projects and estimate the costs involved in their implementation.
- Design and implement agreed electronic trading platform components
- Develop robust and reliable testing strategies
- Interaction with IT teams upstream/downstream in the chain (eg data sources, trade execution APIs)
- Release management aspects
Adlam Consulting operates as an Employment Agency & an Employment Business