Linux / Unix Application Production Engineer â F5 Big-IP ITRS Geneos Ansible â Investment Bank
Application Production engineer is require with Production experience across the following:System administration â In-depth knowledge in Linux/Unix and good knowledge on Windows systems. Good general understanding of global infrastructure, firewalls and networking and considerations in these areas.Networks: Good understanding of network principals and practical knowledge of load balancing technologies, like F5 Big-IP is essential. Monitoring â Experience in managing monitoring tools (such as ITRS Geneos). Automation â Experience to release and or server automation tools such as Ansible, Bladelogic. Knowledge of programming and scripting methodologies and demonstrable proficiency in writing code in one or more of the following languages; Python, Perl, Ruby, JavaData â Experience into Log indexing product such as Splunk and Elastic SearchApplication servers â Strong knowledge in configuring and supporting web technologies such as Tomcat, Apache, nginx, IIS. Analytical skills - Ability to analyse data surrounding incidents to a fine level, investigate dependencies and evaluate possible areas for improvement, and actions with a view to automate resolution. Desirables: Containers â exposure to Docker, Rancher. Test tools â practical experience of Load testing tool like Jmeter
Databases â exposure to or skills in SQL Server, Oracle and noSQL DBs. Understanding of application lifecycle and Agile methodology. Good tasks management, prioritisation, risk management. Appreciation of production processes, including change and release management. Good incident and problem management skills, with knowledge of ITIL beneficial
The Production Engineer will be part of a multi-disciplined team, providing support to the production elements of the applications. The role is centred on application support, and requires a wide range of technical skills. The Production Engineer will work closely with development and infrastructure teams to:
- Pro-actively monitor, manage and improve availability and performance of the production environments (from presentation and application layers to Infrastructure layers)
- Pro-actively manage the capacity of production applications
- Plan and implement application releases, load tests and configuration changes
- Customize production tools (monitoring, deployment, scheduling etc.)
- Contribute to medium and high scale technical projects as part of the by contributing in architecture review and design, upgrading and migrating application systems to new platforms.
- Provide feedback and propose solutions to management on performance, capacity and design issues
The Production Engineer will also work with other teams to respond to incidents and resolve issues promptly, often under pressure, to restore normal services to the business. Therefore, ability to be on call and provide support out of hours is essential.
As this is a production support role, focusing across a range of different and mostly cutting edge technologies, candidates must possess the aptitude and desire to learn
Adlam Consulting operates as an Employment Agency & an Employment Business