Java FX Developer Low latency Algo /etrading connectivity - Investment Bank
Java Serverside development experience required of working on Java Multi-threading and low latency applications in a Front Office/etrading environment, working on Algo trading development or pricing and connectivity systems Java Development with proven significant and recent SDLC experience on mature, enterprise multi-threaded core Java development projects - greenfield projects should be a minority. Significant prior exposure to high frequency, low latency programming environments - typically in the context of Algo trading or electronic trading for Equities, Commodities, FX or Rates.
JNI is desirable. Knowledge of ION Marketview and its programming environment would be a plus. Good knowledge of the following financial instruments, their pricing and/or quotation on most common markets: bonds, swaps, futures, repos is a plus
Responsibilities for the Java developer will include:
- delivering any assigned task to Production as per time, non-functional and functional requirements - in particular, ensuring deliveries meet adequate levels of testability, at unit, component and integration levels;
- liaising directly with business users over requirement gathering;
- focusing on the platform's non-functional behaviour: performance, scalability, security etc - and making sure that tests in this area are repeatable;
- promoting knowledge sharing within team members - taking active involvement in organising and chairing poker-sizing sessions with all concerned parties as and when required;
- ensuring smooth liaison with other teams, (eg London/NY Dev teams, Production support teams, etc);
- documenting new functionalities and training users/support teams support as appropriate;
- leading by example: ensuring that own behaviour as developer exhibits the team's values of dedication, commitment and transparency at all times and under all circumstances.
Adlam Consulting operates as an Employment Agency & an Employment Business