Java Trading Systems Developer Spring Hibernate Agile Greenfield - Investment Bank
Strong Core Java (J2SE) enterprise Agile development skills to work on systems that allow our client to trade with their external clients - onboarding of new clients to the banks trading systems More than 50% greenfield development. Due to the success of the Java enterprise system rolled out to one part of the bank the project is to extent the current architecture to more trading areas. Investment Banking or Finance Background – Essential; with proven experience in technology, especially with the analysis, design, development and implementation of complex, trading and/or PnL critical systems.Experience working with cross-functional and distributed teams. Excellent knowledge of programming best practices, design patterns etc.Knowledge of Spring, Hibernate and other de-facto-standard technologies; including open source frameworks relating to workflow. Also required:-
- Experience in project and/or agile planning of project and development deliverables
- Knowledge of communications protocols and the uses of messaging.
- Knowledge of SQL
- Provide 3rd line application support where required.
- Collaborate with the production support team for release and maintenance of the applications.
- Work closely with the other developers and solution architects in determining and following best development and architecture practice.
- Propose and provide feedback from experience/knowledge on architecture, design and technology choices for the platforms
- A solid academic background preferably in engineering, sciences or economics.
The team provides applications to the Investment Bank's Global Market divisions for EQD and Fixed Income products. It comprises approximately 200 people across London, Paris, New York and Mumbai. Amongst other things, this group is responsible for the development of applications for electronic connectivity to customers and exchanges throughout the world. Within this department the IT team is responsible for the development of Server Side applications to support integration, workflow and data migration. These include API's, data transformation, workflow design, coding and application integration. To further enhance our offering, we are seeking to appoint a Mid to Senior Java developer with a proven experience in software engineering and ideally a good knowledge of workflow systems.
Adlam Consulting operates as an Employment Agency & an Employment Business